Mussels & Chorizo
Mussels & Chorizo
Good Luck and let us know how your’s came out!
- 2 pounds of cleaned mussels
- 8 oz Portuguese chorizo
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon red chili flake
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and soak your mussels in a large bowl with a bit of cornmeal to remove and gritty sand
- Dice your chorizo in medium size chunks
- Add olive oil to medium heat pan
- Add chorizo and cook till its starts to get crisps bits
- Add onions and sautee till softened
- Add garlic and saute till fragrant but not browned
- Add white wine and scrape up any brown bits. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Add heavy cream
- Add mussels and cover, simmer till mussels open, 5-8 minutes
Flavor Bomb Alert! Brussel Sprouts… You either love them or hate them is what I find. Growing up my yuckiest memories are of boiled dead brussel sprouts. So overcooked and mushy that no amount of butter or salt would fix them. And for the love of all brussel sprouts...
Leftovers ...Yay or Nay I grew up in Northeast Ohio in a suburb west of Cleveland. I was fortunate enough to grow up in a multi generational family house with grandparents, parents and me. Let start with we were not rich by any means and had a lot of mouths to feed....
Let’s talk about this little gem. With a collaboration of masterminds from Nice Guys & Nevermind’s how could you possibly go wrong? After what seems like a decade in the making, Danger Danger finally opened the last week of March. I think I heard a silent cheer in...
Wood. Fired. Grilled. Oysters... Let’s start there. I’m not gonna lie and say that I LOVE oysters. I tolerate them and on occasion truly savor a small briney bite of the ocean. If they are too big, I am out, talk about freaking me out a bit. But these 3 oysters...
5 Meat & Cheese Board Ideas When I look back over the ridiculous amounts of food pictures I have accumulated I see a distinct pattern… cheese and meat boards. If it looks like if it is pop-able in a few bites I am in! We even make them at home when we want a quick...