Mussels & Chorizo
Mussels & Chorizo
Good Luck and let us know how your’s came out!
- 2 pounds of cleaned mussels
- 8 oz Portuguese chorizo
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon red chili flake
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and soak your mussels in a large bowl with a bit of cornmeal to remove and gritty sand
- Dice your chorizo in medium size chunks
- Add olive oil to medium heat pan
- Add chorizo and cook till its starts to get crisps bits
- Add onions and sautee till softened
- Add garlic and saute till fragrant but not browned
- Add white wine and scrape up any brown bits. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Add heavy cream
- Add mussels and cover, simmer till mussels open, 5-8 minutes
Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & SpaEvery once in a while we need a night away. A night away from the house. A night away from the daily routine. A night with room service???? It doesn’t have to be far but we love checking into our home away from home, relaxing,...
Blogging 101 That is pretty much where we are at right now. This blog is only a few months old and we still feel like we have so much to learn. What they don't tell you when you have this bright idea to blog about your passion is about EVERYTHING you have to...
What's On The Table I have to say that we stay pretty true to the traditional Easter dinner that I had growing up but with a twist. It was always church first thing in the morning. I would be wearing my pretty new Easter dress and shiny shoes and looking super cute....
Ta Daaaa - Our First Recipe When we first started this blog we weren't sure if we were going to share our recipes with the world. Talk about work! Plus I am that cook that doesn’t measure, I eyeball it… everything. So how was I going to share all these goodies with...
Don't Panick! Does the thought of even throwing the smallest gather put you into a spin? All the cleaning, and food prep and beverages, Oh My! Let me show you a way to make hosting easy breezy. Step One - If this is a casual gathering do not let the house worry you....