Mussels & Chorizo
Mussels & Chorizo
Good Luck and let us know how your’s came out!
- 2 pounds of cleaned mussels
- 8 oz Portuguese chorizo
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon red chili flake
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and soak your mussels in a large bowl with a bit of cornmeal to remove and gritty sand
- Dice your chorizo in medium size chunks
- Add olive oil to medium heat pan
- Add chorizo and cook till its starts to get crisps bits
- Add onions and sautee till softened
- Add garlic and saute till fragrant but not browned
- Add white wine and scrape up any brown bits. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Add heavy cream
- Add mussels and cover, simmer till mussels open, 5-8 minutes
Greek Inspired Lamb Meatballs You know when you have one of the weekday nights were you just want dinner to be easy??? Well I have those all the time. This was a Monday and those are my toughest days when I get off work. The night before I knew I needed to plan for...
Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & SpaEvery once in a while we need a night away. A night away from the house. A night away from the daily routine. A night with room service???? It doesn’t have to be far but we love checking into our home away from home, relaxing,...
Flavor Bomb Alert! Brussel Sprouts… You either love them or hate them is what I find. Growing up my yuckiest memories are of boiled dead brussel sprouts. So overcooked and mushy that no amount of butter or salt would fix them. And for the love of all brussel sprouts...
Brunch Is Served! This past weekend I decided to host my girlfriends to a fabulous brunch and pool party sponsored by bottles of Prosecco :). I don’t entertain at my house like I did when I was younger, but I wanted to get everyone together for a nice relaxing time. ...
Cult Carne If you don't live in the Lee County area of Florida you probably have never heard of this little gem of a restaurant. Think funky, eclectic and amazing. The menu is vast, there aren't 50 items listed, but the ones that are on that menu …. Think beyond good....