That is pretty much where we are at right now. This blog is only a few months old and we still feel like we have so much to learn. What they don’t tell you when you have this bright idea to blog about your passion is about EVERYTHING you have to learn.
- Social Media Management
- This NOT easy for the average bear as Google doesn’t spill on what the secret sauce is. It’s trial and error and a ton of research
- Website building
- Thankfully there are so many resources online now to help you with tackling your website. We personally you the Divi theme and love it.
- Graphic Design
- Our go-to for this is by far Canva. First, it’s FREE and FREE is good! Secondly, it is super easy to use and keep all of your designs for you.
- Email Design
- This one caused me a bit of a struggle but I landed on using Mailerlite as once again it’s FREE until you get up to 1000 followers and it integrate with my pop up email capture Bloom
- Thank goodness for new technology. I am NOT a photographer but my Samsung Note 9 does help me out quite a bit.
- Always, always, always read the fine print and make sure you are giving them only what they are paying for.
And last but certainly not least
- CONTENT WRITING!!
This is just to name a few of them as we seem to be finding new hats to wear every day with our blogging project. Content is a big one for us.
If this is not something you come by naturally this can be a bit daunting. How do you come up with idea after idea after idea? This can be a daily challenge that can feel overwhelming some days when you are just getting started.
To help us through this process we find ourselves doing a ton of research and looking for inspiration everywhere. What is my Instagram showing me a ton of right now? What new food trend is happening? Did a new restaurant open that I need to review? What are my favorite cooking sites making? This is constant work but for us so much fun because its what we love the food industry.
To help out in some of this process I put together a FREE list of content ideas to help inspire you with your creations. These were some bits and bobs that I have been collecting in my Trello account (psst … get Trello, it’s free) and thought I would share with you.
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!